When to practice spelling and make it fun? Anytime - with an iPad or iPhone app. Check out the 3 below (there are many, many more out there) to consider a different way to practice spelling words.
Thanks to Jeanne at DAS Academy for a great seminar on apps for Literacy.
- Create a personalized list of words to practice spelling
- More than 100,000 words already in the app. Add more words to your dictionary
- Record your own voice for the word and/or phrase (better for memory)
- Email results/tests to teachers or parents
Encourages independent learning Ads are distracting
Voice recording makes learning more personal
- Setup own spelling tests and practice spelling on the go - anywhere, anytime
- Email teachers/parents the completed spelling test
Unscramble mode is fun Need to record all the words - no directory available
- Spelling game suitable for all ages
- Contains over 6000 English words that are commonly misspelled
- Reference dictionary is included
Simple, game format Just games, not more in depth practice or reporting
Give these a try and let me know what you think - next time some more interesting apps.